Marinated & Grilled Bison
Love red meat but trying to curtail your saturated fat intake? Try bison, also known as buffalo meat. Think of it as the "good" red meat. It has just 1 gram of saturated fat for each 3½-ounce serving.
- 1 pounds bison tenderioin cut into 4-oz portions
- 1/2 cup pineapple (riped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme picked & chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vidalia onion chopped
- 2 juniper berries smashed
- 4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- Puree all ingredients in cuisenart, except bison.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill or sear until cooked. About 90 seconds per side for medium.
- Let sit for 2 minutes and serve.