Marinated Italian Vegetables
Yield: 20 people
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets
- 5 heads cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 pound mushrooms halved
- 3 red bell peppers julienne (cut into long strips)
- 1 pound green peas
- 8 carrots sliced
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 cups white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Dijon mustard (low-sodium)
- 1/4 cup Italian herbs (a blend)
- Cut vegetables (broccoli through carrots) as described.
- Blanch or steam vegetables until tender, but not fully cooked.
- Place vegetables in refrigerator to cool.
- For dressing, place vegetables (onion and peppers) in food processor and process until liquefied.
- Add vinegar, mustard, and herbs. Process until well mixed.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Refrigerate until chilled.