Mashed Potatoes With Corn and Fat-Free Sour Cream
Oh, the rewards of easy Pritikin cooking! Here’s Mashed Potatoes With Corn and Fat-Free Sour Cream, perfect for nights when you're craving a little comfort food but want to be good to your heart and waistline.
- 2 pounds potatoes (Yukon Gold)
- 1 cup corn (fresh) or frozen kernels (thaw if frozen)
- 1/2 cup milk nonfat very hot
- 1/4 cup sour cream, fat free
- Dash nutmeg ground (optional)
- Boil potatoes in water until soft (about 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium-hot nonstick skillet, sauté corn kernels until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend corn to a paste-like consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash potatoes using a wire whip. Add corn, hot milk, sour cream, and nutmeg (optional). Whisk until potatoes are fluffy. Serve immediately.