HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
Every whole grain in your diet helps! Studies show that eating whole grains instead of refined grains lowers the risk of many diseases, including diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and obesity. From the Pritikin Eating Plan comes this healthy, flavorful, whole-grain-rich recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- Whip together all ingredients except matzo meal.
- When fluffy whisk I matzo meal let sit for half an hour.
- Boil 3 gallons water in a large pot.
- Mold matzo balls with vegetable spray on hands to eliminate sticking.
- When all balls are rounded drop into boiling water (must be at a full rolling boil or they will not be fluffy).
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- If the water is not boiling, or is not lowered to simmer, the matzo balls will not be right.