Merry Berry Parfait
For this simple and absolutely delicious dessert (your dinner guests will be shocked when they hear it's just 100 calories per serving), you can use frozen berries and mangoes instead of fresh. Be sure to purchase products that list ONLY the fruit in the Ingredient List -- no added sugars. And thaw your fruit in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mangoes diced, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sour cream, fat free or use plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Splenda To taste
- 4 sprigs mint for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, add raspberries and blueberries, and cook over low-medium heat until berries are thickened and softened, about 10 minutes. Stir regularly. In a separate saucepan, cook mangoes the same way. Remove fruit from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip together sour cream and vanilla extract using a wire whip until smooth. Add Splenda to taste.
- In martini or parfait glasses, layer with berries, then the sour cream mixture, then the mangoes. Chill. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh mint.