Moroccan Poached Fish
Yield: 4 people
- 16 ounces fish cut into 4-ounce portions.
- 6 large red tomatoes shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped, seedes removed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds toasted and ground *
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds toasted and ground *
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 lemons juiced
- In a large hot nonstick skillet, cook shredded tomatoes over medium heat until they are reduced by half.
- In a food processor, puree the rest of the ingredients, except lemon juice.
- When tomatoes are reduced, add the pureed mixture to skillet.
- Bring to a complete boil, and mix well.
- Cool, then add lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a baking pan, lay out fish, all in one layer.
- Pour skillet mixture over fish.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven until fish is cooked, about 20 minutes.
* To toast seeds, place them over high heat on the stove in a small heavy skillet. Toss them frequently until fragrant, about 2 to 4 minutes.