Mushroom and Edamame Soup
Edamame is the Japanese name for fresh soybeans. They’re often available in the frozen section of markets, including Trader Joe’s.
Yield: 16 people
- 1 cup adamame (uncooked)
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms (domestic) quartered
- 2 cups mushrooms (shiitake) sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon grass chooped (use bulb's soft interior only. Beat stalk with back of knife and peel till you reach interior.)
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder (dry)
- 1 teaspoon wasabi power
- 1 tablespoon ginger (fresh) chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup snow peas sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (fresh leaves) chopped
- 2 scallions sliced
- In a stockpot, add all ingredients except the snow peas, cilantro, and scallions.
- Cook over medium heat until all ingredients are just soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add snow peas, cilantro, and scallions.
- Cook for 2 minutes more.