HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
Every whole grain in your diet helps! Studies show that eating whole grains instead of refined grains lowers the risk of many diseases, including diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and obesity. From the Pritikin Eating Plan comes this healthy, flavorful, whole-grain-rich recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- In hot saucepan saute garlic, mushrooms, shallots, brown rice until garlic is golden brown.
- Add all herbs and white wine.
- Cook over medium heat until wine is evaporated.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Continue to cook over medium heat stirring every minute or two.
- When water is evaporated add milk, salt and soy.
- Rice should be a little loose.
- Add basil & parsley and serve immediately.