- 1 pound portabella mushrooms black removed & sliced
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 8 ounces large oyster mushrooms sliced
- 2 ounces porcini mushrooms-dried
- 1/4 cup garlic (fresh) chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots sliced
- 1/2 cup medium white wine
- 3 tablespoons sage (fresh)
- 3 cups bown rice-short grain-dry
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup milk (skim)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh) chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil (fresh) chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- In hot saucepan saute garlic, mushrooms, shallots, brown rice until garlic is golden brown.
- Add all herbs and white wine.
- Cook over medium heat until wine is evaporated.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Continue to cook over medium heat stirring every minute or two.
- When water is evaporated add milk, salt and soy.
- Rice should be a little loose.
- Add basil & parsley and serve immediately.