Love the deep, earthy flavor of sauteed mushrooms? This Mushroom Sauce recipe is for you!
Yield: 12 people
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup merlot
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 bottle salsa
- 1/2 bottle very veggie juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup shallots minced
- 1/2 bunch thyme picked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sauté mushrooms with shallots & garlic. When garlic is light brown add wine & reduce by ½.
- Add remaining ingredients except cornstarch and reduce by half.
- Thicken with cornstarch mixture by whisking in slowly while sauce is boiling.