Orange Soy Dressing
Just one tablespoon of regular salad dressing has about 100 calories. Sugar has half that amount. That's not to say sugar is good for you; it simply illustrates how fattening regular salad dressing is. Try this alternative!
Yield: 10 people
- 2 oranges juiced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 4 ounces brown vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Toast sesame seeds: In a frying pan, heat the seeds on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Remove the seeds when they darken and become fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.