Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Shallot “Mayo”
Yield: 4 people
- 4 4-0z chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon blacken seasoning (salt free)
- 2 poblano peppers de-seeded & cut into quarters
- 6 shallots roasted in the oven unitl very soft
- 2 oz silken tofu (such as Mori-nu soft variety)
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Z-Trim*
- 1 cupbaby a arugula (baby) chiffonaide
- 8 tomatoes oven dried
- 8 bread (multigrain) sliced
- In a blender add shallots, z-trim, tofu, garlic, pepper, apple juice & lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Season chicken and let come to room temperature.
- In a very hot skillet sear chicken for 1 minute. Flip and add poblano peppers.
- Place chicken in a 400-degree oven for 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- While chicken is cooking toast the bread.
- When bread is toasted slather generously with “mayonnaise”.
- Place chicken on bread and layer with tomatoes, poblanoes, and arugula.
- Place top on the sandwich and cut in half.