Pasta Primavera In Roasted Garlic & Caramelized Onion Sauce
Yield: 6 6-ounce per serving
- 1 cup carrots julienned (cut into long thin strips)
- 1 cup zucchini julienned
- 1 cup yellow squash julienned
- 1 cup domestic mushrooms sliced
- 1 red onion julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh garlic chopped
- 1 cup asparagus sliced
- 1 cup arugula leaves chiffonade (stack leaves and roll tightly, then cut across with a sharp knife to produce fine ribbons)
- 1/8 cup basil leaves chiffonaide
- 1/8 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 2 cups Roasted Garlic & Caramelized Onion Sauce
- Italian Seasoning (salt-free) to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds pasta (whole-wheat) cooked
- In large hot nonstick skillet, sauté carrots, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions till slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add garlic. Sauté 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus. Continue sautéing till asparagus is tender. (Time depends on thickness of asparagus.)
- Add arugula, basil, parsley, roasted garlic/onion sauce, salt-free Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Heat.
- When heated, add just-cooked pasta. Toss and serve.
From "Pleasures of the Pritikin Table"