Poached Fish in a Vegetable Broth
Yield: 12 people
- 48 ounces fish (Good Fish to use: Salmon, halibut, cod, sturgeon, or tilapia) cut into 4 oz portions
- 6 cups rice (black thai) cooked
- 4 cups snow peas julienned
- 24 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded & diced
- 2 red pepper seeded & julienned
- 1 onion peeled & julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage julienned
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 4 tablespoons garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups fish stock
- 1 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 pinch red pepper (crushed)
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- In a stockpot, bring to boil fish stock, vegetable stock, ginger, garlic, sherry, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, jalepeno & lemon zest.
- Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool & hold aside.
- Add all ingredients, except cilantro, bean sprouts, cabbage & snow peas, to a baking pan including the stock.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 8-15 minutes, depending on type of fish.
- Remove fish from pan and add remaining ingredients.
- Bringing them to boil.
- Place a portion of Black Thai rice on plate.
- Place fish on top of rice and spoon sauce & vegetables around the plate.
- Serve immediately.