Poached Fish in a Vegetable & Cilantro Broth
Yield: 12 people
- 48 oz fish (good choice: tilapia, striped bass, salmon, snapper or halibut) cut into 4-oz portions
- 6 cups black thai rice cooked
- 2 jalapeno peppers roasted & seedes removed, julienne
- 1 red pepper roasted & seeds removed, julienne
- 1 yellow pepper roasted & seeds removed, julienne
- 1 large onion julienne
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white only minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups fish stock
- 1 cup sherry table wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 cups snow peas julienne
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- Make a poaching liquid by bringing to boil then simmering for 1 hour following ingredients: Jalepeno, red & yellow pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, vegetable & fish stocks, sherry, soy sauce & crushed red pepper.
- After cooked cool down in an ice bath.
- When cool place fish in a deep baking pan and cover with liquid.
- Cook cover in a 350-degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until fish is cooked (time depends on type and thickness of fish).
- Remove fish and hold on a warm plate.
- To the broth add cilantro, snow peas & bean sprouts.
- On a plate or in a large bowl place Black Thai Rice.
- Place fish on top and spoon some sauce and the vegetables around the plate.
- Serve immediately