Potato Corn Cakes
Yield: 8 people
- 1 cup egg beater
- 1 cup polenta quick-cookin
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 6 ears of corn kernels removed
- 4 potatoes baked, peeled and shredded
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup scallions sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together Egg Beaters, polenta, and cornstarch until well mixed, about 3 minutes.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Fold potato mixture into Egg Beaters mixture. Form into 8 patties.
- In a hot skillet, spray Pam. Add patties and cook until brown. Flip and brown other side. Put patties on baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve.