HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
Complex carbohydrates sources such as whole grains, potatoes, yams, and beans are super stars for our health because they deliver fiber as well as mega amounts of other nutrients. The Pritikin Eating Plan suggests at least 5 servings daily. Start with this delish recipe.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- Shred potato & onions.
- In a colander let potato drain for 5 minutes.
- Press to release more water and drain for 3 minutes more.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggbeaters, garlic, pepper, paprika.
- Whip until well combined.
- Whip in potato starch until fluffy.
- Add potato and onion.
- Put into baking pan about 1 ½ inches thick.
- Cook covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, uncover and cook for 10 minutes more until light brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.