Yield: 16 people
- 2 cups pearled barley
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup garlic minced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 large carrots peeled & diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh) picked & chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano , dry
- Boil all ingredients together until barley is soft.
- Let cool and drain any remaining liquid. (Can be done one day ahead).
- Lay out on a baking pan lined with either foil or parchment paper.
- Roast in a 450-degree oven for 20 minutes tossing every 5 minutes or until barley is crunchy.
- Serve immediately