HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
The healthiest animal food choices are omega-3-rich fish such as salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, and trout, advises the Pritikin Eating Plan. Most other fish, plus shelled mollusks like clams and scallops, are healthy choices, too. Enjoy fish tonight with this yummy recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
This medley of shrimp, scallops and clams is served in a white wine sauce.
- Marinate the seafood in combination of lemon juice, white wine, parsley, chives and paprika for least for 2 hours.
- Reserve marinade while searing scallops in a non-stick pan.
- Steam shrimp and clams. Remove scallops and shrimp from pan; peel and clean shrimp; set aside.
- Steam sea shallots and garlic, add tomato paste and roast briefly.
- Deglase with marinade.
- Liquefy cornstarch with a little water and stir into the boiling sauce to thicken slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Serve the seafood with the sauce.