Stuffed Japanese Eggplant
Yield: 12 people
- 12 japanese eggplant halved the long way & scooped
- 1 cup garlic roasted
- 2 pints onions peeled pearl
- 8 cups red Swiss chard sliced thin
- 1 cup seiten fine chopped
- 2 cup corn kernels roasted
- 1 cup beet juice
- 3 sprins rosemary picked & chopped
- 1 bay leaf ground
- 1 cup bread crumbs (whole-wheat)
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 4 limes juiced
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- In large hot skillet, sauté the scooped meat from the eggplant, garlic, seiten, onions (whole) & corn.
- Cook for 5 minutes over high heat.
- Reduce temperature and add rosemary, beet juice, Swiss chard, bay leaf & black pepper.
- Cook until mostly dry.
- Take off stove and place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, parsley & lime juice.
- Stuff into eggplant hold for service.
- Bake eggplant for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve immediately. Serve 2 halves with rosemary polenta & warm pico de gallo as sauce.