Superfast, Super Simple Italian Soup
Recipe Courtesy of Mary Lou Terranova - Pritikin Alumna
Yield: 4 people
- 14 ounce can cannellini bean rinsed
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 head escarole finely chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of beans. Puree the rest.
- In a pot, sauté garlic till translucent.
- Add chicken broth and escarole.
- Steam (slow simmer) for about 15 minutes, or to your taste.
- Throw in pureed beans, pepper flakes, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons of whole beans.
- If you want more bulk, add a little cooked whole-wheat spaghetti.