Tia Maria Parfait
Oh la la! The velvety richness of a liqueur dessert, but heart healthy! Regular liqueur desserts can pack in as much saturated fat as a double cheeseburger! Ours has no saturated fat. Nada!
Yield: 4 people
- 4 tablespoons Tia Maria coffee liqueur
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice cream, vanilla flavor (fat-free sugar-free)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh)
- 4 springs mint leaves
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat, reduce Tia Maria and vanilla extract to half their amount and let cool.
- In 4 parfait glasses, pour equal amounts of Tia Maria reduction.
- In each glass, place one scoop of ice cream.
- Use a teaspoon to gently press down ice cream. (The Tia Maria will float to the top.)
- Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves. Serve immediately.