Tomato Cream Soup
Yield: 10 people
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup Vidalia onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 10 ounces water
- 4 cups tomatoes (canned diced, no-salt-added)
- 32 ounces veggie juice example: knudsen's low sodium, very veggie juice
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh) chopped
- 1 cup milk nonfat
- 1 cup soymilk unflavored
- Lightly spray nonstick stock pot with vegetable oil spray. On medium-high heat, sauté onion slices until translucent. Add apple juice concentrate to caramelize onion.
- Add garlic, water, tomatoes and vegetable juice. Lower temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add basil and milks. Serve.