This Tropical Salsa recipe has just about everything that's deliciously divine, from mangoes to pineapple, but absolutely nothing that's bad for you. No salt, no added sugar, no waist-expanding oil or other fat. Wow!
Yield: 12 (about 1/4 cup per serving)
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (no-salt-added )
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 cup papaya peeled and diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano (fresh) chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil (fresh) chopped
- Garnish green onions chopped (optional)
- Garnish chives chopped (optional)
- In a small nonstick skillet over low heat, saute red onion, garlic, tomato sauce, and Tabasco until well combined, about 5 minutes. Stir regularly.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine remaining ingredients (except garnishes).
- Spoon red onion mixture into bowl, and gently toss all ingredients until combined.
- If desired, garnish with a sprinkling of green onions and/or chives.
The chefs at Pritikin have created the best ever mango recipes because all their recipes deliver everything that's great for us, like great flavor and great nutrition, and virtually nothing that's harmful, like saturated fat, sugar, and salt.