HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
The Pritikin Eating Plan is proven in more than 100 peer-reviewed studies to have life-saving benefits like lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, you aren't losing your mind while losing weight. There's no calorie counting, no hunger. Just plenty of healthy, whole foods deliciously prepared, like this recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Here's a great way to take a nice hefty serving of veggies with you wherever you go. Cook up these two Vegetable Loaves over the weekend, then wrap slices individually. Pack with some whole-wheat bread and Dijon mustard. Want it warm? Just nuke your veggie slice in a microwave for 1 minute.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 12slices|| 30minutes|| 60minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 12slices|| 30minutes|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly mist large nonstick skillet with oil spray. Over medium-high heat, saute onions and shallots until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables, stirring frequently until tender, about 5 minutes. Let stand another 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add cooled vegetables to pita bread crumbs. Fold in egg whites.
- Fill 2 nonstick baking loaf pans with mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Cool before slicing.