Veggie Stir Fry Over Toasted Grains
Got leftover veggies in the refrigerator you want to use up? Try this easy Veggie Stir Fry Over Toasted Grains. The more veggies we eat, the thinner - and healthier - we'll be.
Yield: 4 people
- 1 cup cereal dry, no salt no sugar added (whole-grain)
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups vegetables (assorted) sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon ginger (fresh) peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic (fresh) peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- Into a small stockpot on medium heat on the stove, add dry cereal. Toast cereal until light brown.
- Add water, and simmer until water is dissolved, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a hot wok or large skillet, add vegetables, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass.
- When vegetables begin to soften, add scallions and cilantro.
- In four separate plates, ladle veggies over toasted grains. Serve immediately.
* To prepare lemongrass, take a stalk and slice off both the tough bottom end and the skinny part on top. Remove the tough outer skin. Then pound (bruise) the stalk with a rolling pin to release its juices. Chop.