White Beans With Spinach, Tomato, and Basil
Our White Beans With Spinach, Tomato, and Basil is bursting with flavor and nutrition but with very little sodium, and zero added fat. That's right, none. It's a fantastic fill-you-up dish for a very low-calorie cost.
Yield: 4 people
- 3/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell peper thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup wine white
- 3/4 cup tomatoes Roma (fresh) seeded and finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups white beans cooked
- 2 tablespoons vinegar balsamic
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons basil (fresh) leaves chopped
- 1-1/4 cups spinach fresh stems picked and sliced
- In a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions, garlic, and red bell pepper in white wine for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and white beans. Combine well and cook another 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, basil, and spinach. Cook 1 minute more. Serve hot.