Wild Mushrooms and Fresh Pomegranate Sauce
Dress up your favorite seafood, poultry or game with grilled wild mushrooms drizzled with pomegranate and tangerine reduction
Yield: 4 enough sauce for 4 entrees
- 1/2 cup pomegranate (fresh, seeds and juice)
- 1/2 cup tangerine segments (skins removed)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 1 pound wild mashrooms (assorted ) cleaned and rough-chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh) chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill (fresh) chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate seeds and juice, tangerine segments, and apple juice concentrate. Simmer over a medium flame until liquid begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove and strain to remove seeds. Keep at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, toss mushrooms with garlic, dill, and canola oil. Using a hot flat top grill, grill mushroom mixture quickly in the oven (mushrooms should be crispy).
- In the center of each dinner plate, place one-quarter of the mushroom mixture. Top with your favorite seafood, poultry or game, then drizzle with the pomegranate reduction. Serve with vegetables and either potatoes or a whole grain such as farro.