What a delectable combination of apples, pineapples, rum, and more!
Yield: 16 people
- 3 cup whole wheat bread (low-sodium) cut into cubes
- 2 cups apple (prefeably fresh, Granny Smith) sliced and peeled
- 1 cup pineapple fresh pureed
- 1 tablespoon rum or teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
- 5 eggs whites whipped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups pastry flour whole-wheat
- 1 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- Mix together bread cubes, apples, pineapple, rum, vanilla and apple juice concentrate.
- Whisk egg whites and cornstarch until they are firm and form into peaks.
- Whisk in flour and milk, and fold in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into Bundt pan.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.