Baked Raspberry Chicken
Yield: 4 people (including 1/2 cup of sauce)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup diced stewed no-salt-added tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- Place chicken breast halves in large glassbaking dish.
- Lightly spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions until they are golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the raspberries, tomatoes, water, and seasonings.
- Bring the raspberry sauce to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the chicken in the oven.
- Bake uncovered until the chicken is done, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with the sauce spooned over each chicken breast.