Baked Spiced Apples
Easy, bursting with tart sweet flavor, and so healthy!
Yield: 6 people
- 6 apples fuji or Granny Smith
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate (frozen) thawed
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Optional raspberries and fresh mint leaves as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core apples to ½ inch of the bottom of the apples. It helps if you have an apple corer. If not, simply use a paring knife. Cut out the stem area first, then the core. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds. Make the holes about ¾-inch wide.
- Mix apple juice concentrate and vanilla. Pour into cored center of each apple.
- Place a cinnamon stick in the center of each apple. Place apples on nonstick baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- If desired, serve garnished with raspberries and fresh mint leaves.