Yield: 12 muffins
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1/2 cup egg white
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup no-calorie sweetener such as Splenda
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats ground in food processor
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all wet ingredients and bananas in blender until smooth. Pour into bowl.
- Sift all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix using a whisk.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. (Chef Vincenzo suggests using a muffin pan for better portion control and faster cooking. Freeze muffins and you'll have banana bread available anytime!)
- Pour mixture 2/3 way up the pan
- Place in a preheated 350F oven for roughly 20 minutes
Like to experiment? Chef Vincenzo suggests trying other spices like clove, ginger, nutmeg and allspice!