Banana Ginger Parfait
A sinfully tasting (yet oh-so good for you) dessert! Traditional parfaits can be full of fatty, calorie-dense ingredients like cream, and can pack in as much artery-clogging saturated fat as a cheeseburger! There is zero saturated fat in our Pritikin parfait, and just 70 calories per serving.
Yield: 6 people
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- ginger root Slice off skin. Then grate to extract 1 teaspoon of juice, ideally using a microplane
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups yogurt Greek-syle nonfat plain
- Thinly slice bananas and place in a large bowl.
- Slice off skin off of ginger, and then grate to extract 1 teaspoon of juice, ideally using a microplane
- Mash bananas with a whip. Add ginger juice, orange zest, vanilla, apple juice concentrate and yogurt.
- Mix well with a whip.
- Top with fresh berries or serve over freshly cut fruit like pineapple or mango.