Banana Ginger Pumpkin Parfait
A sinfully tasting (yet oh-so good for you) dessert! Traditional parfaits can be full of fatty, calorie-dense ingredients like cream, and can pack in as much artery-clogging saturated fat as a cheeseburger! There is zero saturated fat in our Pritikin parfait, and less than 100 calories per serving.
Yield: 12 People
- 6 bananas (riped)
- 1 lemon (only the zest)
- .5 teaspoon orange (only the zest)
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice (fresh)
- 3 cups sour cream, fat free
- .5 cup pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- .5 cup Splenda
- Mash bananas and pumpkin using a wire whip.
- Add ginger juice, zest, Splenda and vanilla extract. Mix well with the whisk.
- Add sour cream or yogurt and mix well.
- Chill and serve garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and orange slice.