Banana Ricotta Ice Cream
- 1 pound bananas (very ripe) peeled, vacuum sealed, and frozen
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (fat-free )
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove bananas from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes (until they begin to defrost around the edges).
- Place ricotta cheese in a food processor and pulse.
- Chop the bananas and add to the food processor along with all remaining ingredients. Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop mixture into a plastic bowl and cover with food-grade plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap touches the top of the mixture. Place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scoop or pipe into individual serving bowls or parfait glasses.
If desired, garnish with a raspberry and a sprig of rosemary. Another healthy delight for a hot season!