Beet and Potato Puree
Want something fabulously flavorful and colorful for a side dish? And veggie-rich to boot? Try our Pritikin chefs' Beet and Potato Puree. Doll it up, if you're in a Martha Stewart mood, by placing each serving in a heart-shaped mold.
- 1 pound red beets peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1 pint water
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beets and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, removing all liquid. Puree beet/potato mixture in a food processor or by mashing with a wire whip.