Invite the gang over and fire up the grill! These tender, juicy bison burgers are sure to please.
Yield: 4 4-ounce serving
- 1/2 pound onions, celery and carrots
- 1 pound trimmed grass-fed bison tenderlion
- 1 teaspoon Pritikin® All-Purpose Seasoning*
- 2 tablespoons Z trim** (or tablespoons egg whites)
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat pita bread (optional) ground
- Chop vegetables separately in a food processor. Sauté until translucent. Let cool.
- Chop bison in food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped bison, cooled sautéed vegetables, and Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning. Mix well. Add Z Trim (or egg whites). Mix until incorporated.
- Mix in bread crumbs.
- Mold bison mixture into four 4-ounce patties. Sear in a hot skillet or grill to your liking.
* Make your own Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning by blending granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt-free lemon pepper, and paprika. You can also purchase our chefs’ Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning online. Or call 800-327-4914 and ask for the Pritikin Store. ** Z Trim® is a zero-calorie fat replacement gel made from corn developed at the Agricultural Research Service of the USDA. Currently it is available online in the Pritikin Store.