Yield: 8 people
- 2 pounds soy ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Pritikin seasoning
- 3 cups Pritikin tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano (dry)
- 1 red tomato diced
- 1 yellow tomato diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch basil (fresh) chopped
- 1 tablespoon tofu parmesan cheese
- Season soy beef with Pritikin seasoning.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, sauté onion and garlic until onions are soft.
- Add beef and cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, thyme, dried basil and oregano. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Finish off with fresh basil and black pepper to taste.
- Top with diced red and yellow tomatoes and tofu parmesan cheese.
- Best served over hot, cooked whole wheat pasta.