Yield: 2 people
- 1 thin bread whole wheat
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella (fat free)
- 1 cup vegetables (assorted) diced
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional) chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, fat free
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo or no salt added Enrico's salsa
- In a skillet sauté vegetable until begin to brown; add egg whites and scramble season with black pepper.
- On a warm griddle or flat top grill place thin bread and warm on one side.
- Turn bread on the other side and spread cheese all over the bread.
- Spread cooked vegetables egg mixture on half of the bread only.
- When cheese begins to melt, fold in half to cover the vegetable scramble. Use a lifter to press firmly. Flip on the other side for 2 minutes and press.
- Cut into four pieces and serve two pieces per person with fat free sour cream and Pico de Gallo.