Brown Lemon Basmati Rice
Yield: 12 6-ounce per serving
- 3 pounds rice (basmati) dry rinsed until water runs clear
- 1/2 cup leeks white only chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic chopped
- 8 lemons juiced
- 1 gallon vegetable stock (low-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat stockpot.
- Put in rice, let rice get a little crispy (slightly toasted).
- Add garlic &leeks, cook until translucent.
- Add lemon juice, stock, & pepper.
- Bring to boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat; cover a cook until rice is tender, about 17 minutes.
- Check after 12 & 15 minutes to make sure there is enough liquid, add more if necessary.