Portion size: 1-3oz cup
- 1 cup butternut squash roasted, pureed
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk (or soy milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or lime zest
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate reduced to syrupy consistency
- In muffin cups pour 1 tablespoon reduced apple juice concentrate or enough to cover the bottom.
- In a stainless steel bowl add squash, nutmeg, cinnamon, splenda and lemon zest. Use a wire whip to mix properly.
- Add milk and egg whites and mix ( do not whisk)
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake in a hot water bath at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool and turn out onto individual dessert plates up-side-down (the apple just reduction should make a nice caramel glaze)
- Serve at room temperature or chill and serve.