Aloo Phujia is a potato, onion, and tomato stew with a spicy Indian kick. Serve over brown rice for a wonderfully filling vegetarian main dish or side dish.
- 1 cup vidalia onions large-diced
- 3 Idaho potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander ground
- 1 tablespoon Pritikin all purpose
- 1 tablespoon Pritikin Shake it Seasoning
- 3 tablespooon Pritikin Green Grotto
- 2 teaspoons no-salt curry powder
- 1 riped tomatoe diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 cup water
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small, covered stockpot, over medium heat.
- Lower temperature to a simmer
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked & liquid is mostly dissolved.
- It should be a little wet. Some water might need to be added to cook potatoes fully. But add by small amounts if needed. The liquid from the onions & tomatoes should do most of the cooking.