Chocolate Banana Mousse
Here’s guilt-free pleasure! Loads of dreamy, chocolately flavor enhanced with banana, cinnamon, and nutmeg, but with zero sugar and zero artery-clogging saturated fat.
Yield: 8 people
- 2 cups cocoa powder pure Dutch unsweetened
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk or soy milk warm
- 1/4 cup egg whites whipped until fluffy
- 4 bananas sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons apple juice concentrate thawed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- In a large stainless steel bowl, pour cocoa powder and Splenda. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla and milk. Using a wire whisk, gradually whisk vanilla/milk mixture into cocoa mixture.
- When fully incorporated, fold in whipped egg whites and Banana Compote.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients and cook until bananas begin to break down but are still chunky, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Then fold in to Chocolate Mousse.
Chef’s Note: To dress up your mousse for festive occasions, use parfait or martini glasses. In the bottom of each glass, place a few berries. Then add the mousse. Chill. Serve topped with a dollop of fat-free Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream.