Chocolate Ginger Mousse
A sinfully tasting (yet oh-so good for you) dessert. Regular chocolate mousse can tally up 8 grams of artery-clogging saturated fat (more saturated fat than many cheeseburgers!). There is zero saturated fat in Pritikin's Chocolate Ginger Mousse. Wow!
Yield: 4 people
- 4 ounces Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 to 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 12 ounces firm or extra firm silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger juice Slice off skin of ginger root, then grate the root and squeeze to extract juice
- In a small stainless steel bowl, combine cocoa powder, Splenda and hot water. Stir till mixture has a smooth, thick, fudge-like consistency, adding more water as you stir, if needed.
- In a food processor, blend tofu till completely smooth, about 10 seconds. Then add fudge, vanilla extract, and ginger juice, and blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in parfait glasses. If desired, garnish each glass with a raspberry, and serve cold.
- optional garnish: 4 fresh raspberries
Chef's note: For variation, add mint leaves or mint extract, or sugar-free orange marmalade.