Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Just 110 calories per serving, but what deep, rich surprises! Savor many of Thanksgiving’s best flavors with this scrumptious bread pudding. It makes great muffins, too.
- 4 cups whole wheat bread (low-sodium) cut into cubes
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 cup pumpkin solid-pack
- 3 Tablespoons Splenda
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, soak bread in soy milk for about 10 minutes. Add pumpkin, Splenda, raisins, and spices (through vanilla extract). Stir to combine.
- Fold in egg whites. Then gently add blueberries.
- Pour mixture in a 13 x 9" baking dish or 12 individual muffin cups. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool, then serve.