Couscous & Cherry Tomatoes
Here, from Chef Vincenzo Della Polla, is a simple and savory recipe for whole-wheat couscous. Enjoy it for lunch, as a side dish, or as a hearty snack any time of day.
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup couscous (whole wheat)
- Lightly mist a medium nonstick saucepan with canola oil spray and pre-heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onions to pan and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, oregano, black pepper, and water to pan, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until tomatoes begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in medium mixing bowl.
- Remove tomato mixture from heat and immediately pour over couscous. Cover and let stand 5 to 8 minutes, until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir with fork to fluff before serving.