Crab Cakes a la Pritikin are a delectable combination of crab, veggies, garlic, egg whites, and salt-free Old Bay Seasoning -- and only 50 calories and 70 milligrams of sodium per cake. Wow!
Yield: 12 cakes
- 3 pounds jumbo crab meat lump
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic minced
- 2 carrots minced
- 2 stalks celery minced
- 2 cups bread crumbs (whole-wheat)
- 1/2 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups egg beaters
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (salt-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Form into 12 cakes.
- Bake on nonstick baking sheet for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Information (per cake): 50 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 4g protein, 2g fiber, 70mg sodium