Cream of Green Pea Soup
Typical cream-based soups, full of dietary insults, can do a lot of damage to our health. You won’t miss them with our Pritikin chefs’ savory Cream of Green Pea Soup.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 head fennel chopped (remove tough inner core before chopping)
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 pint clear vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 1 medium potato (Russet) peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard no salt added
- 2 tablespoons Pritikin Shake It Seasoning Blend see Recipe Notes below
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda or baking powder
- 1 pound green peas (frozen, no-salt-added-varieties are fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon basil fresh and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill fresh and chopped
- In a stockpot, sauté onion, fennel, and garlic until translucent. Add vegetable stock and potato, and cook on medium heat until potato softens and begins to break apart, about 25 minutes.
- Add thyme, mustard, and Pritikin “Shake It” Table Blend Seasoning, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the flame off and add baking soda. When it begins to foam, add green peas, wasabi powder, and remaining ingredients. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend. Serve immediately.
* Pritikin "Shake It" Table Blend Seasoning is made by the chefs at the Pritikin Longevity Center and available online at the Pritikin Store.