Yield: 4 people
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 1 pound spinach (frozen) thawed, and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Pritikin® All-Purpose Seasoning* (homemade blend of granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt-free lemon pepper, and paprika)
- 1 dash nutmeg ground
- 2 tablespoons white wine optional
- 1.5 cups milk nonfat
- 2 tablespoons veggie topping
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, fat free or fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 optional artichoke when available
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Season spinach with all-purpose seasoning and nutmeg.
- Add spinach to onion and garlic. Sauté and cook for 3 minutes. Add white wine (optional), nonfat milk, and 1 tablespoon veggie topping. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Thicken spinach mixture with cornstarch. Then add sour cream. Lower flame and stir constantly until mixture is creamy.
- Add remaining veggie topping and serve, garnished with diced tomatoes and artichoke stems, if available.