Crunchy Green Beans
Who needs chips when you’ve got these crispy, chewy delights, plus they’re packed with good-for-you nutrients and fiber.
Yield: 8 people
- 1.5 pounds green beans trimmed
- 2 red bell peppers cored, seeded, and cut into long thin strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons button mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place green beans and peppers on a nonstick baking sheet with sides and toss with oil and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in an even layer.
- Roast for about 12 minutes, stirring midway, or until the vegetables are wrinkled, brown, and tender.
- Garnish with toasted fennel seeds.