Cucumber Basil Vinaigrette
Here's a salad dressing bursting with fresh lemony-basil flavors, and so easy to blend up! To seed a cucumber, simply peel and cut in half lengthwise. Then, with a teaspoon, scoop out seeds and discard. You can find xanthum gum and guar gum, both natural thickeners, in health food stores and often in the flour/baking aisles of regular grocery stores.
- 3 cucumbers peeled, de-seeded and chopped to fit in a blender
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves picked from stems
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons xanthum gum or guar gum
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.